This tutorial has been created for the EXCC Java Wallet users which wants to migrate the new EXCC blockchain.
The following steps will guide you to safely and easily migrate from the Java Wallet to your new Exilibrium Wallet:
- Open old Java ExchangeCoin Wallet. Choose an option from the menu: Export Private Keys and save them on your computer. You should get one private key per one EXCC address you own.
- Open Exilibrium wallet
- Go to accounts section and find row with account named "imported" - it should be the last one in the list. After expanding the row you may see there locked funds from staking, but don't worry about this.
- Click on the key icon and you should see modal dialog with the title "Import Single Private Key".
- Type/copy private key & wallet passphrase to the input and click "Import Private Key" button
- If everything was OK you should see this message at the bottom of the window.
- It may happen that you won't see the funds from imported key in your wallet. If so, click refresh icon in the bottom left corner of the wallet (the arrow next to the Latest block sign).
- After re-scan, you should see your funds in imported account. It's important, that the funds should be "Spendable", otherwise you won't be able to proceed.
We recommend transferring the funds from this account immediately after import process is over. Funds from 'imported private key' account won't be available after restoring them on different machine. To put it simply: importing single private key doesn't mean that it will become part of your wallet.
- To transfer the funds from imported key please copy your receive address from (Receive tab).
- From Send tab click "Send all funds from selected account" icon on the right, select imported account from accounts drop-down menu.
- Copy your receive address and click "Send".
- Transferring funds between accounts will perform a transaction on the blockchain. Once the transaction is confirmed, you should have funds available on selected account.